*Open Seating* Personal Protection Inside The Home Instructor
Instructor Candidates will learn how to teach the basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.
Instructor Candidates will receive the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Instructor Manual, NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- NRA BIT completed in the last two years
- Complete a pre-course questionnaire
This 9-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Personal Protection Inside the Home (PPITH) course.
SEE ADDITIONAL INFO FOR TIME, LOCATION, AND GEAR LIST
*Deposits and courses are non-refundable. Students may apply the costs to a future date or another course.
11:30 am - 8:30 pm (1 hour dinner break)
Class Portion: Defensive Tactics and Firearms 504 E Alvarado St, Suite 207, Fallbrook, CA 92028
Range Portion: Rainbow Range & Gun Club 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd Fallbrook, CA, 92028
- 3 inch 3 ring binder
- Highlighter and pen
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver with a minimum of 20 rounds of ammunition (rentals available)
- Flashlight (LED highly recommended)
- Range appropriate clothing
- Shoes/Boots – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
Upon the completion of this course instructor candidates must pay a credentialing fee directly to the NRA. Credentialing fees are based on NRA membership status and current instructor status as follows:
- NRA member first instructor rating - $30
- NRA member additional instructor rating - $10
- Non-NRA member first instructor rating - $50
- Non-NRA member additional instructor rating - $30