(Open Seating) Defensive Shotgun Concepts
Why choose the open seating option?
Open seating provides the flexibility of purchasing the course now and choosing the most convenient course date later. This is the ideal option for a gift or surprising that special someone. Students have priority for future courses and simply call or email to reserve the date that works best for them.
This eight-hour course explores the key concepts and considerations for using a shotgun as a home defense firearm. The morning portion of this course will consist of four hours of classroom instruction and demonstrations. Students will then transition to the range in the afternoon for up to four hours of practical application.
Students will apply the concepts learned in the classroom on the range by firing over 100 rounds of ammunition including slugs, birdshot, and 00 buck. Students will learn defensive shotgun setup, techniques for effective employment and manipulation of the shotgun in a home defense environment, as well as key concepts and considerations surrounding the use of a shotgun for home defense.
Course of fire includes:
- Tactical loading
- Immediate Action
- Cover vs. Concealment
- Shooting around cover
- Ammunition considerations
- Using cover as a rest
- Qualification stage
*Deposits and courses are non-refundable. Students may apply the costs to a future date or another course.
8:00 am - 6:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Class Portion: 504 E Alvarado St Suite 207 Fallbrook, CA 92028
Range Portion: Rainbow Range & Gun Club 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd Fallbrook, CA, 92028
- Ear and eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Any shotgun action type. (pump or semi-automatic recommended)
- Minimum Ammunition: (75) birdshot, (25) slugs, (25) 00 Buck
- Drop pouch highly recommended
- Comfortable clothing similar to what students will where while carrying.
- Shoes/Boots – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Baseball cap recommended