*June 24th* Home Defense - Handgun
If a handgun is part of your home defense plan than this is the course for you. This eight hour course explores the key legal concepts and considerations for utilizing a handgun as part of a home defense plan. The morning portion of the course will consist of four hours of classroom instruction and demonstrations. Classroom discussion will include use of force standards, storage laws, ammunition considerations, contacting law enforcement, challenge commands, and developing a safe room strategy.
Students will apply the concepts learned in the classroom on the range by firing over 200 rounds from multiple positions. Students will learn when they are justified in using deadly for force and how to safely and accurately defend their lives or the lives of others under high stress situations.
Course of fire includes:
- Low-light techniques
- Precision shooting & defensive shooting
- Dominant Hand/Support Hand
- Barricade shooting
- Engage multiple targets
- Vocalize commands
- Much more!
SEE ADDITIONAL INFO FOR TIME, LOCATION, AND GEAR LIST
*Deposits and courses are non-refundable. Students may apply the costs to a future date or another course.
8:00 Am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Class Portion: Defensive Tactics and Firearms 504 E Alvarado St, Suite 207, Fallbrook, CA 92028
Range Portion: Rainbow Range & Gun Club 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd Fallbrook, CA, 92028
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver with a minimum of 200 rounds of ammunition.
- At least two functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers) with a magazine pouch.
- Flashlight (LED w/ 100 lumens minimum recommended)
- Shoes/Boots – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.