*November 25-26* NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
This 16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basic Rifle Shooting course.
- 21 years old
- Complete a pre-course qualification (16/20 rounds in a 6 inch group at 25 yards)
- Complete a pre-course firearms handling drill (all action types)
- Complete a pre-course questionnaire
Course is presented in two parts: Basic Instructor Training, and discipline specific instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Rifle Shooting Instructor Candidate Packet and NRA Basic Rifle Shooting course student packet.
SEE ADDITIONAL INFO FOR TIME, LOCATION, AND GEAR LIST
*Deposits and courses are non-refundable. Students may apply the costs to a future date or another course.
Day 1: 8:00 Am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Day 2: 8:00 Am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Class Portion: Defensive Tactics and Firearms 504 E Alvarado St, Suite 207, Fallbrook, CA 92028
Range Portion: Rainbow Range & Gun Club 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd Fallbrook, CA, 92028
- 3 inch 3 ring binder
- Highlighter and pen
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Rifle, any action type or optic, with a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition (rentals available)
- Range appropriate clothing
- Shoes/Boots – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
Upon the completion of this course instructor candidates must pay a credentialing fee directly to the NRA. Credentialing fees are based on NRA membership status and current instructor status as follows:
- NRA member first instructor rating - $30
- NRA member additional instructor rating - $10
- Non-NRA member first instructor rating - $50
- Non-NRA member additional instructor rating - $30