*December 9-10* NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
As of April 4, 2017 the NRA has changed the prerequisites for becoming an NRA Pistol Instructor in order to create higher quality instructors and deliver better training to students.
- 21 years old
- Complete Basics of Pistol Shooting-Instructor Lead Training with a score of 90% or higher (CLICK HERE for course dates)
- Qualify at the Instructor level during the Basics of Pistol Shooting-Instrucor Lead Training
- Complete a pre-course firearms handling drill
- Complete a pre-course questionnaire
This 16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basic Pistol Shooting course and includes the NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT).
Course is presented in two parts: basic instructor training, and discipline specific instructor training. Instructor Candidates demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination. Candidates will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Pistol Shooting Instructor Candidate Packet and NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course student packet.
SEE ADDITIONAL INFO FOR TIME, LOCATION, AND GEAR LIST
*Deposits and courses are non-refundable. Students may apply the costs to a future date or another course.
Day 1: 8:00 Am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Day 2: 8:00 Am - 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
Class Portion: Defensive Tactics and Firearms 504 E Alvarado St, Suite 207, Fallbrook, CA 92028
Range Portion: Rainbow Range & Gun Club 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd Fallbrook, CA, 92028
- 3 inch 3 ring binder
- Highlighter and pen
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver with a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition (rentals available)
- Range appropriate clothing
- Shoes/Boots – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
Upon the completion of this course instructor candidates must pay a credentialing fee directly to the NRA. Credentialing fees are based on NRA membership status and current instructor status as follows:
- NRA member first instructor rating - $30
- NRA member additional instructor rating - $10
- Non-NRA member first instructor rating - $50
- Non-NRA member additional instructor rating - $30